Get ready for mobile usability and new features.
The Moodle 2.7 upgrade launched on July 2. Faculty are able to use the new mobile-friendly templates for the 2015 Summer Session II.
Please note: Adelphi IT can provide support only for the browser-based version of Moodle accessed via eCampus or the AU2Go app. We cannot provide support for Moodle’s native app from the iOs or Google Play store.
» Learn about the new features » Info for students » Info for faculty
New Features in Moodle 2.7
- Responsive Design: New theme adapts and enhances content for your viewing environment—including phones, tablets and laptops. You will notice a similar look and feel on any device!
- Google Drive Integration: Allows you to access your Google Drive files from within Moodle’s file-picker.
- HTML Blocks: Instructors can configure freeform blocks to embed a social media feed, Google Hangouts, video and more.
- Quickmail: Now allows choice between zipping all files or allowing individual file attachments when sending email. This was an improvement requested by Adelphi’s Faculty Senate.
- Badges: Badges are a way of celebrating achievement and showing progress. Badges may be awarded by the instructor based on a variety of chosen criteria.
- Activity Completion: Allows the instructor to set completion criteria in a specific activity’s settings.
- Enhanced Quiz Making: Duplicating and moving questions is easier, and there is an option to ‘Save changes and continue editing’. Quiz reports have been improved and the Essay question now allows students to add an attachment without accompanying text.
- Conditional Activities: Enables an instructor to restrict the availability of any activity or even a course section according to certain conditions such as dates, grade obtained, or activity completion.
- TurnItIn: With a newer version of TurnItIn , everything now is done inside Moodle for a more integrated experience within Moodle.
- VoiceThread: This interactive collaboration and sharing tool is now better integrated within Moodle.
Please note that your instructor may opt to use the new Moodle template or they can use the previous version until the end of the Fall 2015 semester. Therefore, you may see different templates being used by different instructors for courses.
If you’re teaching in Summer II or the Fall and have not begun building your courses in Moodle, your course shells will be automatically updated to the latest template.
If you have already begun to make edits to your Moodle courses for Summer II and Fall, your course shells will remain the same. You will have the option to update your courses to the new version whenever you like, and we encourage you to do so—this new template looks a little different than you’re used to, but makes adding and displaying content for your students so much easier!
Workshops for Faculty
To give faculty a preview of updated features—while also covering relevant teaching topics—the FCPE will be holding the following workshops. Topics covered will include collaborative activities in Moodle, integrating multimedia, and a tour of the new and improved environment.
*The webinar will be conducted online. A link will be sent out to registered participants in advance of the webinar. It will also be recorded and archived for future viewing.