importing a Course
In order to take the content from a previous course you may have taught and put those resources into a blank shell for a current or future semester, follow these steps:
- Go to the Moodle course that you want the content to be filled into. In that course, under the Settings block, click Import.
- The courses you have taught will be listed on the next page. Select the appropriate course, then click.
- The following page lists backup settings. This is general data from your old course that will be carried over to your new one. It is strongly suggested to leave these checked. Click .
- The next page will show all of the resources in the course you are importing. All the content you have created on your Moodle course will be check-marked by default. You may click to uncheck the boxes with things that you do not want to copy over. For example, you will have a News Forum by default in all your courses, so you can uncheck the News Forum.
- Once you have unchecked all the components that you do not want in your course, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click .
- The next page will show a list of all the resources you are going to import into your course. This page is here for you to review and confirm that you wish to have these resources in your course. When you are sure that everything you desire is there, scroll down and click to complete the import process.
- When the import is complete, a new page will appear that dictates that the import is complete. Press to go to your newly imported course.
- If you encounter any issues during this process and cannot successfully Import a course, please see the Backup and Restore Tutorial for an alternative process to copying over your course content.