The Assign Roles option allows you to enroll users in your course and provide them with a specific role. Teachers can typically assign the roles of Teacher, Non-editing teacher, and Student.
Note: Your students will be put on your Participants list as they register in the C.L.A.S.S. system. The list will be updated regularly throughout the day. However, if a student is not showing up in your Moodle Course, use the Assign Roles option to add them in (or add in another Teacher or Non-Editing teacher, if you wish).
To add a user to your course and assign them one of the above roles, follow these steps:
- In the Administration block, click on Assign Roles.
- Click on the role you wish to assign to the specific user/users (Teacher, Non-editing teacher,
- Type in the name of the user you wish to add and click on Search.
- In the Search results box, select the name of the user and click on the left-sided triangle. The user will appear in the existing users box to the left.
- The student’s name and email
will now appear in the existing users box.