- Open Respondus and click on Create to generate a new exam.
- Write a name for your exam next to Name of File (e.g. History test); you must also write a brief description of the exam. When you are finished click OK.
- Follow the steps below to create different types of questions for your exam.
- To create multiple choice questions, click on the multiple choice tab on the left.
- Give your question a title (e.g. Penicillin). Write the actual question under where it says Question Wording.
- Write the answers for your question by clicking on the white box next to each letter.
- Select the correct answer and next to where it says point value, assign the number of points the question is worth.
- When you are finished, click on Add to End of List. You should see your question appear on the bottom of where it says question list. Repeat the process for each multiple choice question you wish to have.
Note: if you wish to make changes in your question, click on the title of the question under question list. A new window should pop up showing the question and answers. Click on modify to make changes to it.
- To create true/false questions, click on the True-False tab on the left.
- Write a title (e.g. Machiavelli) for your question and write the actual question under where it says Question Wording.
- Select the correct answer (True or False) and assign it a point value.
- When you are finished, click on Add to end of List and it will appear on the bottom of the question list.
- Repeat the process for each true/false question you have.
- To create essay questions, click on the Essay tab on the left.
- Give your question a title (e.g. World War II) and write your question under where it says Question Wording.
- Next to where it says Select the size of the answer window, select how many lines you want the answer to be. You can see the size of the window by clicking on the Preview icon.
- Assign a point value to your question. When you are finished, click on Add to End of List. Repeat the process for each essay question you have.
- When you have finished creating your exam, click on the Preview and Publish tab on the top of the page. Click on the Preview icon and check to make sure your exam is correct.
- If you wish to change something, click on the Modify Item icon on the top of the page.
- Save your exam by clicking on file and selecting save as. Give your file a name and select where you want it to be Saved. Click on save when you are finished.
Note: Please see above for instructions to import your newly created questions in to Moodle.