Embedding External Websites
Moodle allows entire websites to be shown within the course page without opening a new window. This will keep the Moodle navigation bar (also known as bread crumbs) visible on the page. This gives the impression of still being inside of a course site while actually on an external site.
Follow these steps to embed a website into a Moodle course module.
- Log on to your Moodle course site and Turn editing On.
- Click on Add a Resource and select Link to a file or website from the dropdown menu.
- Give the Resource a Name.
- Click on Search if you do not already know the website address. Google will load, providing a way to locate the site.
- Locate the specific web site.
- Copy and Paste the web site address (URL) into the Location box.
- Click on Show Advanced if these options are not already shown necessary.
- From the Window drop-down menu choose Same window. Also check off the Keep page navigation visible on the same page. Leave all other settings to their default.
- Click on Save and Return to Course.
- Now the link will appear on the module under the name you had assigned.
- Upon clicking the Website link, the now embedded website would appear on the same window with the navigation buttons visible.