» Download Tutorial (PDF)
What is a Wiki?
A wiki is an activity for collaborative work. A wiki page is a document everyone in your class can expand and edit. It is an effective method of compiling information on a specific subject quickly as a group.
Note: Wikis cannot be edited by more than one person at a given time. Moodle will not allow simultaneous access to edit a wiki.
Creating a Wiki
How to Edit an Existing Wiki
- Click on the link of the Wiki to be edited.
- Click on the Edit tab.
- Make any changes to the Wiki and click Save.
Note: It is good practice to always preview changes that you have made before saving them.
Adding a New Page
More Wiki Options
- The Search Bar in the upper right hand corner allows for you to search words within the wiki.
- The Comments tab allows the users to add comments about the wiki page.
- The Map tab lists all of the pages that have been created in the wiki.
- The Files tab allows users to attach files to the wiki page.
- The History tab allows you to view user activity within the wiki.
- The Administration Tab allows you to remove pages.
- For Wiki pages, Tags allows you to add keywords to categorize wiki postings.