» Download Tutorial (PDF)
Quizzes in Moodle can consist of multiple-choice, true-false, short answer questions, fill-in-the-blank, and other unique types of quiz questions. The quiz module in Moodle has two main components: the Quiz Body and the Question Banks
Creating the Quiz Body
More Quiz Body Options
- Question order will randomly order the quiz questions when displayed to students;
- New Page will automatically insert a page break after a specified amount of questions
- Shuffle within questions will randomly order each question’s answers when displayed to students.
- Each attempt builds on the last. If this option is set to Yes, the student’s responses from the last attempt will be visible the next time the quiz is accessed.
- Decimal places in grades specifies the number of digits shown after the decimal point when displaying grades or grades. Decimal Place in question gradessetting specifies the number of digits shown after the decimal point when displaying the grades for individual questions.
- If Enforced delay is enabled, a student must wait for the specified time to elapse before being able to attempt the quiz a second time.
- If Show the user’s picture is enabled, the student’s name and picture will be shown on-screen during the attempt, and on the review screen, making it easier to check that the student is logged in as themself in a proctored exam.
- Require password will prompt students to enter a password before taking the quiz.
Important Note about Security Features:: By default quizzes are shown in a new, secure window. The secure window option prevents students from copying and pasting questions/answers and printing out the quiz. Unfortunately, it is not 100% effective in ensuring students do not open another web browser or other file. It is good practice to always leave this option on (ON by default).