Exporting and Importing Questions
» Download Tutorial (PDF)
Exporting Quiz Questions
Importing questions from Respondus
- Start Respondus and under Current Personality select Moodle.
- Click on File > Open (top menu) and open the question bank you have saved.
- If the questions bank you previously created is not using the same Personality setting, you will be prompted to Convert the file. You may overwrite the existing file, or save it as a new file to be safe.
- Click on the Preview/Publish tab
(always double check everything looks good using the Preview option on the Preview/Publish tab.)
- Click on the Publish to Moodle option and click on the Wizard.
- Make sure that step #1. is set to “Publish to a single course”
First Time Setup Only:
- From the Moodle Server drop-down select Add New Server
- Select NO, I will configure…
- In the large step #2 text box enter: https://moodle.adelphi.edu/
- In step #3 press the Extract >> button
- In step #4 enter a Description, your Username and Password.
- If you trust the computer you are using and it is not shared, select the “Remember my username and password” option!
- Click OK.
- Connect to the Adelphi Moodle server by clicking next.
- In step #1 select the course you want to publish the question bank to
- In step #2 I suggest creating a new category and specifying a name
- In step #3 UNCHECK Create/Replace assessment.
- Click NEXT. Your quiz questions are now imported into the Moodle course you selected.
Importing questions from ExamView and other test generator programs